Chozas Carrascal is a wine producer in the area of Valencia, Spain. They recently became the 15th Vino de Pago winery in that country, a recognition of the distinctiveness of their terroir. Chozas Carrascal is currently looking for representation in the province of Alberta and would be very interested in hearing from you if you feel their products could fit into your portfolio.
Some of the highlights of Chozas Carrascal and their product line up include:
- Family owned and operated since the late 1990's
- Vineyard itself pre-dates the foundation of the winery and boasts centenary vines that are still in production
- 15th "Vino de Pago" winery in Spain, allowing the use of the D.O. Pago de Chozas Carrascal appellation, used for higher end products
- Volume products, including red, white, and sparkling, are produced as D.O. Utiel-Requena and D.O. Cava
- Organic production, with big focus on energy and carbon efficiency
- Products score from 90 to 95 in the Guia Peñin
- Best Cabernet Franc in Spain, according to Guia Peñin
- Top 10 Cava in Spain, according to Guia Peñin
- Efforts are currently underway with US importers to submit the wines for scoring with the major US scoring organizations
I look forward to hearing back from you should this producer be of interest your agency. Owners or senior staff from Chozas Carrascal will be visiting Canada in late February, 2015, and will be available for face-to-face meetings and tastings at that time.
Best regards, Christopher Young