18Wheels is a leading, family-owned, fully integrated third-party supply chain solutions provider for the alcohol industry. Serving customers around the world, across a variety of alcohol products, We are dedicated to providing customized, engineered solutions that propel a business to succeed. Privately-held by the since its inception in 1989, we operate over 1 million square feet of warehouse and distribution space in Vancouver BC Canada, and our trucking fleet consists of over 3,50 tractors and 550 trailers.
Please direct all inquiries in confidence to: 18X Partners Ltd. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Summary: Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, the Alcohol Logistics Business Development Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining business relationships with customers and prospects by exploring opportunities focused on alcohol distribution solutions. Primarily in the BC region, this includes warehousing, co-packing, and transportation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Day-to-day diligent "hunting" mentality approach to prospecting and new business lead generation, with expectation of an active pipeline in excess of $20M.
• Retain and grow existing customer base; create strategic plan to achieve sales goals
• Develop competitive solutions and proposals resulting in new business
• Partner and collaborate with peers and management, including engineering and operations teams, to enhance selling techniques and bring innovation to new business opportunities
• Maintain relationships with existing customers, communicating on a regular basis (including customer business reviews)
• Review and closely monitor account performance and profitability
• Communicate issues and concerns with operations and senior management when required
• Participate in rate schedule development and contracts for both new and existing business
• Complete key administrative tasks including CRM (Salesforce), managing appropriate pipeline and updating key customer information.
• Anticipate within first 12 to 24 months of hire to execute in excess of $5M annualized new business.
• Ability and availability to travel as business needs dictate
• Minimum 3-5 years experience within the alcohol logistics industry
• Solid knowledge of the industry and marketplace
• Proven experience in prospecting and developing new business
• Demonstrated sales background and capability
• Desire to succeed in a sales goal-driven environment with a tenacity to close
• Excellent analytical skills - assess, design and sell a given solution
• Commercial understanding of business requirement principles
• Ability to develop and deliver high quality, compelling presentations
• Excellent communicator with the ability to articulate the value proposition of the Company - both virtually and in person; comfortable selling at the "C" level
• Skillful negotiator - maintain company expectations while expanding customer spend
• Professional demeanor - confident, organized, and well-presented
• Self-starter with an enthusiastic approach and "can do" attitude, high energy
• Analytical approach to determine what business is worth pursuing
• Willing and able to be nimble and flexible in the face of change